Sunday 23 March 2008

Long Time!!!

Well it's been so long since i was on a pc that i've nearly forgotten how to type!

I really want to write as I need to prove that i am feeling so much more capable on an everyday basis than i was and i am so happy about it! I really think that having seen a therapist has saved my life. So my advice would be that if you are a stubborn character like myself that would normally try and cope on their own, then think again, the longer you leave it the worst it will get. Take a deep breath and swallow your pride! You will feel so much better for it!

Mind you, I seem to have spent most of my time in therapy discussing work matters - it's cost me a fortune! However, i'm really starting to appreciate that I used to be so obsessed by it! I'm under so much stress which admittedly I put upon myself to get back to my normal life of work. I have been off pretty much since Christmas and i feel ashamed by that. I know i shouldn't but it's the fact i have such high expectations of myself that i can't always let myself go! I just feel that i have let myself and my company down recently. But, i will be going into London on Wednesday for a meeting as my Doctor and therapist have really gone down on me with a tonne of bricks to get a phased work plan sorted out. Apparently i should be negotiating a three day week to start with, along with shorter hours so i miss the rush hour where i think i should just be getting back to normal! But, in shock to myself even, so far i have been doing everything by the book and following all my doctor's instructions. I know i have a major expectation of myself but i also have become more realistic that i need to take it slow so i manage to get back to my normal everyday life without any relapses. I just hope my bosses can understand this and give me that extra time. I love my job and i would do anything not to jeopardise it!

Apart from all the bore of ups and downs, feeling suicidal at times, the whole depression, today i have had a fulfilling time. I spent Easter Day with my family and it meant the world to me. We shared laughter and our news with one another and when i was given a lift home by my brother i entered my flat feeling whole rather than at times rather lost and lonely. I am so grateful i have the family i do.

I don't always feel i have the friends that i need at the moment but then hey, a lot of people find it particularly difficult to deal with someone that isn't quite themselves. People are so used to me being confident, extrovert and fun that perhaps when i am more needy, less secure etc it is difficult - i understand this and will not lose friendships in the long term about it.

It's a huge shame that my friends from afar are not in contact very often. In fact, it would seem my life in 7oaks for example didn't exist! There are a couple of people that write the odd text but it's not really the same as a letter etc. but again i know life goes on and if you're not necessarily around you're not present to jolt your friends in remembering your existence!

I hope the next time i manage to get on the pc i can be a lot more positive and have happier thoughts. But am getting there which i hope to be proving!

A couple of awful dates went into one last week which caused a great deal of distress, my divorce was finalised and it would have been my Father's birthday. I ended up on a huge bender which admittedly led me to another overdose 2 days later due to guilt. I realise now that my Father would be distraught if I did something ridiculous like give myself up to the unchristian job of comitting suicide and i would not wish to upset my family and friends. I am on a learning curve on making myself think in different ways and be more realistic about things. Fingers crossed this will not be occuring again!

2 comments:

Faye-Faye said...

Hello Lizzie,
I'm so sorry to hear you have been feeling so down. You still have alot of friends in Sevenoaks. Don't ever think you have been forgotten the trouble is as you said out of site out of mind. People carry on with their lives, simply surviving in a way. Your pictures still up in the pub and we talk about you regularly.
Even so there is no doubt in my mind that WE ALL want you to find happiness, and I am positive good times aren't far away.
I started seeing a counsellor myself, a couple of weeks ago. It was amazing I thought to myself before hand what am I going to talk about. The truth of the matter is I didn't stop talking for a whole 45minutes! I was knackered by the end of it!!
Anytime you want to get together we could arrange something. It may take a little organising but that's not a problem.
Please never think you are alone because you are not. It's not just your family who care your friends care too.

All my Love
Faye.xxxx

Anonymous said...

Lizzie! Woman! I am appalled to read that you think your Sevenoaks friends have forgotten you!
We think of you lots, although I must admit that I am guilty of enjoying your letters and not writing back. Email is just so much easier ;-) I will send you some post though, I promise.

I am so chuffed to read about your therapy results and I had to nod a few times ... especially when I read how stubborn you are. ;-)

Keep up the good work, my Lizzie-bee and I hope to see you soon!