Friday 22 June 2007

Summer

Summer is such a wonderful happy season! I can venture into our garden each day and see so many beautiful changes. One of my clematis is now opening up and looking so pretty and as each day passes another flower unravels its beauty.

I believe the summer months make the majority of people more "human". You tend to hear much more laughter and see many more smiles. I for one certainly am happier when I open my eyes in the morning to see rays of sunshine squeezing themselves through the curtains. Mind you, by looking outside today, I am surprised I'm writing about summer considering it is looking so British - somewhat drizzly yet some patches of lovely blue sky.

Perhaps it's psychological that we all seem so much more sprightly when the sun comes out. It's not that our lives have necessarily got any happier? I just think, the simple things in life like slipping on flip flops and a summer dress just make you feel so much more liberated.

I'm not one to be too sad in the winter as I do love the fresh frosty mornings when you wrap yourself up in the wooliest of jumpers and put your wellies on, but i must say that last Christmas I so enjoyed my trip to Thailand with my hubby and friends.


The feeling of sand between your toes is so soothing and listening to the waves lapping up on the beach. Sheer heaven!

Let's all dream of leaving the daily routine and lazing on a hot sunny island away from the rat race!



No comments: